Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Whit Armstrong
Subject Re: Linux Filesystems again - Ubuntu this time
Date
List pgsql-performance
Kevin,

While we're on the topic, do you also diable fsync?

We use xfs with battery-backed raid as well.  We have had no issues with xfs.

I'm curious whether anyone can comment on his experience (good or bad)
using xfs/battery-backed-cache/fsync=off.

Thanks,
Whit