Re: Load and Stress on PostgreSQL 9.0 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Selva manickaraja
Subject Re: Load and Stress on PostgreSQL 9.0
Date
List pgsql-performance
Ok, let us look into Tsung. On the other hand, (this might be a bit out of context) we want to load/stress test the Windows client application at that accessed the PostgreSQL through an App Server. This is to gauge if the App Server can take the load to handle the client request. Is there a tool that can be used to load test from application. We think something like record user events on a Windows GUI Client app would be suitable. Please assist to provide some guidance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Selvam

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
On 2/28/11 8:25 AM, Selva manickaraja wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across some tools such as Tsung and Bristlecone. Are these fine
> or are there any better tools well suited for this DB?

Tsung is great.  I've never used Bristlecone.

--
                                 -- Josh Berkus
                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.