Re: Two different execution plans for similar requests - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joby Joba
Subject Re: Two different execution plans for similar requests
Date
List pgsql-performance
Sorry ! The command I use is 'EXPLAIN ANALYZE'
I can't do better ...

2011/3/1 <tv@fuzzy.cz>
> I've already used an 'EXPLAIN ANALYZE' to post the message. So I don't
> clearly understand what you are expecting for, when you tell me to provide
> 'EXPLAIN ANALYZE'  (please excuse me for the misunderstood)

No, you haven't. You've provided 'EXPLAIN' output, but that just prepares
an execution plan and displays it. So it shows just estimates of row
counts etc. and not actual values.

Do the same thing but use 'EXPLAIN ANALYZE' instead of 'EXPLAIN' - it will
run the query and provide more details about it (run time for each node,
actual number of rows etc.).

Anyway the sudden changes of estimated costs are suspicious ...

Tomas