Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gabe Nell
Subject Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"
Date
In response to Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"  (Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra.goyal@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> If you install libtermcap then it will start working good. We have
> tested it at our end.

Thanks Dharmendra, however in Ubuntu there is no package called
libtermcap, though it has been suggested that the libncurses5-dev
package provides this [1]. However I tried this and I still get the
same error. Do you know the exact Ubuntu package that I need to
install?

Thanks!

Gabe

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1329390