Re: pg_type.typname of array types. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dmitriy Igrishin
Subject Re: pg_type.typname of array types.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Okay, I understand you hint, Tom and Robert. Sorry to trouble.
I've ask here because I thought that exactly "only developer
will know the answer" on my question: "is it guaranteed ... ?".

Many thanks to Florian and Andrew for detailed explanations,
advice and etc without pointing me to the sources. Respect! :-)

2010/12/8 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>
On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dmitriy Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> writes:
>> I always read the documentation, but don't want (yes, don't want)
>> to read a lot of code to get the answer on simple question because
>> life is too short for it. I think that people should helps each other :-)
>
> Fine, but that sort of question doesn't belong on pgsql-hackers.

Right.  Perhaps it's useful to quote the description of the list[1]:

The PostgreSQL developers team lives here. Discussion of current
development issues, problems and bugs, and proposed new features. If
your question cannot be answered by people in the other lists, and it
is likely that only a developer will know the answer, you may re-post
your question in this list. You must try elsewhere first!

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

[1] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/