Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Gabe Nell
Subject Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"
Date
Re: BUG #5807: psql fails to launch with "Cannot read termcap database; using dumb terminal settings. Aborted"  (Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra.goyal@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
> There was a change in 9.0.2 to use libedit instead of readline for
> this (readline is GPL, which is not acceptable to some people who wish
> to use Postgres in other products). One of my colleagues has tested
> the issue reported and confirmed that installing the OS's termcap
> package should solve the problem.

Ubuntu doesn't seem to use termcap, an apt-cache search for termcap
turns up nothing relevant. I did some searching and the closest
suggestion I could find was to install libncurses5-dev, but this
didn't help. Can you suggest that the appropriate package to install
on Ubuntu?

Thanks!