Re: Problem with encode () and hmac() in pgcrypto - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: Problem with encode () and hmac() in pgcrypto
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 2:38 PM, hlcborg <h.luis.cardoso@gmail.com> wrote:
> For now, I already can use in my PG database the PL/Python to create
> functions.
> But I need a library that  can do the:
>> Plain SHA1, which is signed with RSA signature.
>
> Do you known any PL/Python wrapper libraries
> around OpenSSL (or any other crypto library) that I could use.

pycrypto - standalone, non-OpenSSL
m2crypto - wrapper for OpenSSL

They have bit different feature sets, use whichever you get to work.

The are other wrappers around openssl, but they are unmaintained.

> I have found some in the internet, but when I try to compile them there are
> always errors about undeclared functions or other errors...

Please ask help for that from particular project's mailinglist.
Perhaps your distro already includes either of them?
Then use it, instead of compiling on your own.

One note - if you install package in non-standard location,
you need to set PYTHONPATH in postgres server environment
to point to there, otherwise PL won't see it.

--
marko