Re: Sync Rep v17 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Sync Rep v17
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:50 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree.  I assumed that when Simon was talking about removing
> allow_standalone_primary, he meant making the code always behave as if
> it were turned OFF.

I feel the same thing.. Despite his saying, the patch implements
sync_replication_timeout_client, and if its value is too large,
the primary behaves like "wait-forever". Though the primary
behaves like "standalone" only when it's started first without
connected standbys. So if we have
sync_replication_timeout_client, allow_standalone_primary
looks no longer useful.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao