Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Alan Brewer
Subject Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Joshua Tolley <eggyknap@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:22:52PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> On 6/18/10 5:42 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Well, one of the things I've thought was the following:
>>
>> The PostgerSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release
>> of PostgreSQL 9.0, the 31st release of the world's leading open source
>> relational database system.
>>
>> ... however, that seemed excessively wordy.  No?
>
> It's approaching wordiness, but it still has my vote (minus the typo). If I'm
> in the minority on this one, however, my second choice has us using two
> sentences:
>
>    The PostgreSQL Global Development Team is proud to announce the release of
>    PostgreSQL 9.0. This is the 31st release of the world's leading open
>    source relational database system.

I like both these versions, but could we use a different word to
replace the second "release"? I don't know if "version" would be
appropriate, but we should use some synonym. (We shouldn't have so
many "releases" so close together, as it were. ;) )

---Michael Brewer
mbrewer@gmail.com