Re: finding bogus UTF-8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dennis jenkins
Subject Re: finding bogus UTF-8
Date
List pgsql-general

> If you are interested, I can email to you the C and Perl source.
>
> It runs like this:
>
> # time pg_restore /db-dumps/some_ascii_pgdump.bin | ./ascii-tester |
> ./bad-ascii-report.pl > unclean-ascii.rpt

http://www.ecoligames.com/~djenkins/pgsql/

Disclaimer: I offer NO warranty.  Use at your own risk.  Code does
minimal error checking (its a hack / tool for manual use, not reliable
production use).

C code compiles cleanly with gcc.  Perl code uses no libraries (just a
STDIN -> STDOUT processor).  This code should run damn near anywhere.

The code will stay on my web server until I forget about it and re-org
stuff in a few weeks, so grab it while you can.