Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Koczan
Subject Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Peter Koczan <pjkoczan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> One of the snags that's popped up is that there's some incompatibility
>> between data types. Specifically, many fields are the Sybase type
>> "bit", which is basically a boolean, but it accepts and displays
>> bareword 1 and 0 instead of 't' and 'f'. For the sake of compatibility
>> (especially bareword integers in queries), I've defined a 'sybit' type
>> in postgres to be a domain.
>
> One thought would be see if ODBC configuration options will achieve
> this for you. Have you already exhausted this option?

This is one of my first forays into ODBC, so I didn't know that was a
possibility. Is there any place where these are documented? Searching
for ODBC options yields info on connection options, but none on
behavior that I could find.

Peter