Re: foreign data wrappers - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: foreign data wrappers
Date
List pgsql-students
Hi!

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM, Zheng Yang <zhengyang4k@gmail.com> wrote:

> in the GSOC wiki, there is a potential project idea mentioning "Write
> Foreign Data Wrappers
>  for several external data sources (ODBC, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,
> CouchDB, Redis, etc.)"
> Can anyone help explain how these wrapper are going to be like?

Have a look at http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/4/4c/SQLMED-FOSDEM2009.pdf
for starters. See if you can review that and come back with more
specific questions.

There are a few community members interested in seeing this move
forward, so this project is likely a great one for GSoC.

My suggestion would be to pick just one or two for this summer's project.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com