Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 RPMs for RHEL 6 and Fedora 14 released - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Allan Kamau
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 RPMs for RHEL 6 and Fedora 14 released
Date
List pgsql-general
2010/11/14 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:

> I just released PostgreSQL 9.0 RPM for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and
> Fedora 14, on both x86 and x86_64.
>
> Please note that 9.0 packages have a different layout as compared to
> previous ones. You may want to read this blog post about this first:
>
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/devrim/index.php?/archives/48-What-is-new-in-PostgreSQL-9.0-RPMs.html
>
> Installing PostgreSQL 9.0 on these platforms are quite easy. First,
> install repository RPM from here:
>
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/reporpms/repoview/letter_p.group.html
>
> Then,
>
> yum groupinstall "PostgreSQL Database Server PGDG"
>
> will install minimum package sets for you.
>
> Here are all packages that have been released so far:
>
> RHEL 6:
>
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/redhat/rhel-6-i386/repoview/
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/repoview/
>
> Fedora 14:
>
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-14-i386/repoview/
> http://yum.pgrpms.org/9.0/fedora/fedora-14-x86_64/repoview/
>
> If you find any issues with the repository or packaging, please send an
> e-mail to me.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> PostgreSQL RPM Repository: http://yum.pgrpms.org
> Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
> http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

I am unable to obtain (using yum) a version of pgAdmin3 that can
connect fruitfully to postgreSQL 9.x. My installation reports that the
version I do have 1.10.5 is the latest.
I am running FC12 64bit and I have installed the latest repository as
advised here "http://yum.pgrpms.org/reporpms/repoview/letter_p.group.html"
but it seems it only provides me with pgadmin3 1.10.5 as shown below.

Package pgadmin3-1.10.5-1.fc12.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Allan.