Re: Re-Reason of Slowness of Query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Chetan Suttraway
Subject Re: Re-Reason of Slowness of Query
Date
List pgsql-performance

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@orkash.com> wrote:
Vitalii Tymchyshyn wrote:
23.03.11 12:10, Adarsh Sharma написав(ла):
I just want to retrieve that id 's from page_content which do not have any entry in clause2 table.

Then
select distinct(p.crawled_page_id) from page_content p
 where NOT EXISTS (select 1 from  clause2 c where c.source_id = p.crawled_page_id);
is correct query.

I can't understand how select 1 from  clause2 c where c.source_id = p.crawled_page_id works too, i get my output .

What is the significance of 1 here.

Thanks , Adarsh
Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.

Its the inverted logic for finding crawled_page_id not matching with source_id.
Actually, the idea was to force index scan on clause2 though.

--
Regards,
Chetan Suttraway