Re: Restore - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Restore
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Bob Pawley <rjpawley@shaw.ca> wrote:
> When I type psql I am asked for a password. When I attempt to enter a
> password the cursor doesn't move.

It's not supposed to, so don't worry about that.
How exactly are you running psql? Can you show us what you typed in?

> When I click enter I get failed password for - my computer name.

Hmmm.  Again, please copy and paste exactly what it says.

> When I type psql \I -  I get the same as above.

Yeah, until you can log in psql \l isn't going to work.  Once you can
log in it should work.

So, yeah.  cut and paste your psql session first, k?