Re: Sync Rep v19 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Sync Rep v19
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> they are, but there's no easy way to figure out what that means in
>> terms of wall-clock time, which I think would be useful.
>
> Jan Wieck had a detailed proposal to make that happen at last developper
> meeting, but then ran out of time to implement it for 9.1 it seems.  The
> idea was basically to have a ticker in core, an SRF that would associate
> txid_snapshot with wall clock time.  Lots of good things would come from
> that.
>
>  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-05/msg01209.php
>
> Of course if you think that's important enough for you to implement it
> between now and beta, that would be great :)

I think that's actually something a little different, and more
complicated, but I do think it'd be useful.  I was hoping there was a
simple way to get some kind of time-based information into
pg_stat_replication, but if there isn't, there isn't.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company