Re: error messages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vick Khera
Subject Re: error messages
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Miklosi Attila <amiklosi@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Dear Postgres!
>
> We have just moved our database to a more powerful pc and since then we
> keep getting this strange error message below:
> "PGRES_FATAL_ERROR FATAL:  invalid frontend message type 87"
>
> What does this message mean? What could cause this error?

We need exact details on what you did.  Describe the old and new
computers, the OS you run, etc.

Also, exactly *how* did you move the database?  Did you just copy the
postgres files? Did you dump/reload?  What versions of postgres?

Nobody knows what you did, so guessing what is wrong is just that: a guess.