Re: How do we want to handle t-shirts this year? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: How do we want to handle t-shirts this year?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi!

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> 1) Order a large number of shirts etc. with the Postgres 9 design from a
> shirt printing company, and offer them in exchange for donations as a
> fundraiser, both online and at conferences
>
> 2) Leave "selling" of the shirts to Zazzle.com/CafePress/etc., and only
> do one small run for an event where we "launch" Postgres 9, plus the
> volunteer shirts.

+1 on #2.

I think buying a small quantity of limited edition conference shirts
for a release is a great idea. But the run should be small, and the
assumption should be that we are trying to get rid of them all during
any particular event.

The point of shirts, IMO, is to give people a way of associating
themselves with a shared experience, not generating revenue. We do a
much better job of getting larger donations from companies an
individuals through our donation forms and conferences than we do
getting money by selling shirts.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me