I’m Seeking PostgreSQL DBA ( ID: URIPgDB159) - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Alf Baez
Subject I’m Seeking PostgreSQL DBA ( ID: URIPgDB159)
Date
List pgsql-jobs

Hello Pg/SQL Geeks,

I'm seeking for that ideal PostgreSQL Geeks to join my DBST, Database Services Team.

Here is brief description of our team requirements for the ideal candidate:

URImagination, Inc., a venture-funded startup based in NYC, developing databases, analytics, and infrastructure for clients in several exciting industries such as Government, Financial, banking, Telecom and Transportation among others. There, will be challenging projects such as political polling, opinion measurement, migrating legacy systems and applications and many more. Is looking for a PostgreSQL database administrator.  The work required falls in several areas as follow:

1. As part of our 24/7/365 on call rotation DB monitoring team. It’s also require to provide support to configure, tune, test, and maintain production database which serves as back tier for web applications, design and implement replication system. Migration of legacy apps and databases running on other rdbms systems such as Oracle, MS-SQL Server, FoxPro, among others.

2. Assist the survey operations staff in developing reports and analyzing performance. Write ad hoc queries, design ETL processes, maintain GUI front-end for staff access.

3. Provide support and advice for developers writing applications that access the database.  Our database and web servers run Linux and all development is on the Linux platform. Applications are or will written in Python, PHP, Perl. Staff uses Macs, Linux and ms-windows workstations. Big pluses will be a well understanding of database fundamentals and development applications including normalization, entity relationship, Object Oriented Development Full Cycle (OOD)

Interpersonal Skills:

·       Must be a great team player with ability to interact at all levels of staff and managers in a highly diverse environment

·       Must have excellent oral and written communication skills

·       Must work and produce well with minimum supervision

Technical Skills:

·       Expert understanding of PostgreSQL

·       Demonstrated ability to write PL/pgSQL code

·       Knowledge of database design and optimization best practices

·       Strong Linux experience, able to write Bash or Python scripts

·       Familiar with statistical analysis packages like R, SPSS, or SAS

·       BA/BS in Information Technology or related field required

Proficient with following Tools, Products and Technologies:

·      Windows, Unix (Sun, AIX, HP-11), Linux (RED Hat, SuSe)

·      Oracle Enterprise Manager with Grid Control, TOAD, Spotlight

·      Secure CRT, Patty.

·      Technologies/protocols such as: SSH, FTP, THML, TCP/IP

This position is a great opportunity to join the company while we're still small (under 20), but growing.  Both DBAs with extensive experience and junior people who can demonstrate the requisite skills are encouraged to apply.  Please contact me directly by email.

Data Management Services Team

URImagination, Inc.

http://www.urimagnation.com/services/it-jobs-careers/urpro(dot)jobs(at)urimagnation(dot)com

Cheers