Re: "Invalid byte sequence" message - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Vik Reykja
Subject Re: "Invalid byte sequence" message
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 23:11, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> default) on a French Windows.
>
> See this unresolved thread for more info:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2010-09/msg00138.php
>

> I get it quite easily with LC_MESSAGES = 'French, France' (the installer's
That's what the guy has (see
http://forums.postgresql.fr/viewtopic.php?pid=8214#p8214 if you read
french). I assume it would work well with lc_messages set to C.

I set it to 'en_US' which has the same effect.

Any production server should have lc_messages set to C.

I disagree.  Any system that offers to write my messages in French should do so correctly, *especially* if it's the default.

In any case, it's a core PostgreSQL bug, not a PGAdmin bug.  It could be dealt with a little more gracefully, though.