Re: SSI and Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: SSI and Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Kevin Grittner
<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> I agree it's pretty late in the cycle, but I'm going through all the
> loose ends and found this one -- which has been hanging out on the
> Wiki page as an R&D item for over a full year without discussion.
> :-(  If we provide the snapshots (which we can safely and easily
> do), can someone else who knows what they're doing with WAL and HS
> get the rest of it safely into the release?  That seems to me to be
> the only way it can still happen for 9.1.

I think it's way too late to be embarking on what will probably turn
out to be a reasonably complex and possibly controversial new
development arc.  I don't have a strong position on what we should do
instead, but let's NOT do that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company