Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 x64 bit pgbench TPC very low question? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 x64 bit pgbench TPC very low question?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM, tuanhoanganh <hatuan05@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any tool work on windows can open 200 connect to postgresql  and
> application connect to this tool to decrease time connect to PostgreSQL
> (because PostgreSQL start new process when have a new connect, I want this
> tool open and keep 200 connect to postgreSQL, my application connect to this
> tool instead of postgreSQL).

Sure, that's what any good pooler can do.  Have it open and hold open
200 connections, then have your app connect to the pooler.  The pooler
keeps the connects open all the time.  The app connects to a much
faster mechanism, the pooler each time.  You need to make sure your
connections are "clean" when you disconnect, i.e. no idle transactions
left over, or you'll get weird errors about failed transactions til
rollback etc.