Re: Moving postgresql data to another computer - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: Moving postgresql data to another computer
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Donald Catanzaro, PhD
<dgcatanzaro@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, needless to say I naively copied the data over.
> First off I did not stop the database server (thus violating
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/backup-file.html) and I am
> not near my desktop.  Does that mean my copy is in essence useless and I
> have to start over ?

I did this once myself and because of a hard drive crash, there was no
other alternative for me.   However, I was helped to find a solution.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-10/msg00387.php
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/app-pgresetxlog.html

--
Regards,