Re: libpq vs ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Pavel Stehule
Subject Re: libpq vs ODBC
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hello

2010/12/9 Divakar Singh <dpsmails@yahoo.com>:
> hmm
> If I understand it correctly you argument is valid from performance point of
> view.
> But in practical scenarios, it would make more sense to do ODBC if the
> difference is only 5% or so, because it opens up so many choices of
> databases for me.
> Do we have some published data in this area.

It's depend on your environment - VB or VBA has not native drivers, so
you have to use a ODBC. The overhead from ODBC or ADO or ADO.NET for
almost task unsignificant. So people use it. The performance problems
can be detected in some special tasks - and then is necessary to use a
stored procedures.

Regards

Pavel Stehule