Re: postgresql-9.0 service starting problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kalai R
Subject Re: postgresql-9.0 service starting problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks to all.

I found the wrong configuration in pg_hba.conf. The problem is solved.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
On 29/03/2011 14:59, Kalai R wrote:
Hi,
I am using Windows XP. When I have installed PostgreSQL 9.0.3, the
service didn't start automatically. In the "Computer Management" I
explicitly start "postgresql-9.0" service, the service didn't start and
following message displayed
"The postgresql-9.0 service on Local Computer started and then stopped.
Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for
example, the Performance Logs and Alerts Service"
What is the problem and How to solve it?

Sounds like there was a problem.... look in the Postgres log, in the Windows event log, or both.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie