Re: Zeus IOPS - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Scott Marlowe
Subject Re: Zeus IOPS
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Brad Nicholson
<bnichols@ca.afilias.info> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 13:48 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> Anybody on the list have any experience with these drives?  They get
>> good numbers but I can't find diddly on them on the internet for the
>> last year or so.
>>
>> http://www.stec-inc.com/product/zeusiops.php
>
> I'd heard that they were a popular choice in the Enterprise market, but
> that was around 6 months ago or so, and purely anecdotal.
>
> Seems strange though for them to disappear off the radar when SSD
> related information is becoming so prevalent.  That could just be an
> effect of all the noise around the non-Enterprise grade SSD's floating
> around though.

Yeah.  According to a buddy of mine they're mostly only resold by Sun
and EMC in their own products.  Of course what I'm really looking for
are postive stories about them surviving power plug pulls without
corrupting the database.