Re: reindexing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Hunsaker
Subject Re: reindexing
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 17:28, akp geek <akpgeek@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks.. the index I was having is gist on a to_tsvector column . version we
> have is 8.3

What minor version? I sounds like you _could_ be hitting any of the below:
- (8.3.14) Fix detection of page splits in temporary GiST indexes
(Heikki Linnakangas)
- (8.3.10) Fix incorrect WAL data emitted during end-of-recovery
cleanup of a GIST index page split
- (8.3.9) Fix incorrect logic for GiST index page splits, when the
split depends on a non-first column of the index (Paul Ramsey)
- (8.3.6) Fix whole-index GiST scans to work correctly (Teodor)
- (8.3.5) Fix GiST index corruption due to marking the wrong index
entry "dead" after a deletion (Teodor)

... I got bored of doing your homework after this point. :-(