Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carlos Mennens
Subject Re: 8.4 Data Not Compatible with 9.0.1 Upgrade?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> you would do it with 9.0.x installed, and there should be a program in
> one of the 9.0 packages that has pg_upgrade in it.

So I have my 8.4.4-6 databases backed up. I don't know if I needed the
default 'postgres' database dumped but I did that one too just in
case. I then upgraded the server to 9.0.1-2 and my question is how do
you create a new database in PostgeSQL 9.0 coming from 8.4.4-6 when
the server refuses to start. I can't connect to PostgreSQL simply
because the logs tell me the data is not compatible. Am I missing
something?