Re: system views for walsender activity - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: system views for walsender activity
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 12:48 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The sent pointer is needed whether or not we have sync rep. We should
> also include application name, since the user may set that in the
> standby for all the same reasons it is set elsewhere.
>
> Small point: please lets not call this pg_stat_walsender?
> pg_stat_replication_sent and pg_stat_replication_received would be
> easier for normal humans to understand.

Eh... I may be showing my status as a non-normal human, but I know
exactly what pg_stat_walsender is (it's the view that shows you the
status of the WAL senders you've allowed by configuring
max_wal_senders>0) but I have no idea what pg_stat_replication_sent
and pg_stat_replication_received are supposed to be.  Why two views?
*scratches head in confusion*

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company