dependency between numbers keywords and parser speed - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject dependency between numbers keywords and parser speed
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

there was a discussion about impact of number of keyword for parser
speed. I did some synthetic tests and I didn't see any slowness on
pgbench when I increased a number of keywords.

I added a 30 reserved keywords and 30 unreserved keywords.

On my  Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E8400  @ 3.00GHz wasn't a
significant difference between patched and unpatched server.

Tested read only queries. I am sure, so there will be any dependency,
but it probably needs more keywords, then I tested.

Regards

Pavel Stehule