Re: Backing up several databases - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From raghu ram
Subject Re: Backing up several databases
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:48 PM, JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> wrote:
I have several PostgreSQL databases in a server. Please recommend a procedure to get a backup of each one of them automatically. I would like to run a backup process from Monday to Sunday so I can have 7 backups for each DB.

pgAdmin III is a good choice to perform this task manually but my application hosts one database per client and, in the long run, it would be inefficient to do it this way. I guess that having a pg_dump command for each database running in a batch file could be an answer but I wonder if there is any disadvantage doing it this way. Also, I do not know if pg_dump commands can be run in a batch file.

Try to follow the below link to get more details on automated backup on Windows::

--Raghu Ram

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado