Re: Programming error: Out of Memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jorge Arévalo
Subject Re: Programming error: Out of Memory
Date
List pgsql-general
2010/11/17 Jorge Arévalo <jorge.arevalo@deimos-space.com>:
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorge_Ar=E9valo?= <jorge.arevalo@deimos-space.com> writes:
>>
>>> Before executing the queries, the app reads a small XML file, to get
>>> names and paths, basically. I could simply execute the query in the
>>> console client, to isolate it. Would it be enough?
>>
>> What I'm hoping for is a SQL script I can run to reproduce the error
>> from a standing start.  Anything you can leave out, or anonymize,
>> is fine as long as you still get the error.
>>
>> BTW, PG 8.4.which?
>>
>>                        regards, tom lane
>>

> Still getting the same error. I'm going to simply execute the query in
> the client. I'd like to provide you an SQL script. Let me ask about
> privacy (doesn't depend on me).
>
> PostgreSQL 8.4.5
>
> --
> Jorge Arévalo
> Internet & Mobilty Division, DEIMOS
> jorge.arevalo@deimos-space.com
> http://mobility.grupodeimos.com/
> http://gis4free.wordpress.com

Well, the query works if executed in psql client. Seems to be a Python
problem. I'll execute the rest of the loop queries in the client, just
in case.

But in case is a Python problem, why does it affect the postgres
process, causing a crash?

Thanks again,