OSCON booth wrapup - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From gabrielle
Subject OSCON booth wrapup
Date
Re: OSCON booth wrapup
Re: OSCON booth wrapup
List pgsql-advocacy
We've wrapped up another OSCON showing!  We sold some cool shirts and
talked to a lot of people.

Josh took a photo of the booth & staff on Wed morning - maybe he'll post it.

A huge 'thank you!' to everyone who stepped up & helped with booth
duty.  You all made this so easy!

Josh Berkus
Selena Deckelmann
Brent Dombrowski
Casey Duncan
Michael Ewan
Elein Mustain
Bruce Momjian
Matthew Momjian
Christophe Pettus
Michelle Rowley
Theo Schlossnagle
Mary Anne Thygesen
Rob Treat
David Wheeler
Mark Wong

A special thanks to Josh Berkus for dragging the pop-up poster uphill
for 6 blocks.  :)

Other stuff:
- This time around we had special shirts for the booth staff, and some
people volunteered just so they could get that shirt.  :)  Thanks to
[whoever's idea that was] - that was pretty brilliant.  :)

- The temporary tattoos from EDB were a big hit.  Where/when can we get more?

- Let's get stickers again!

- I'll put the '9 new things in 9' flyers up on the wiki.  (If anybody
has need of them soon, we have about 150 left over & I'm happy to mail
you some.)

- I'm working on another small flyer with links/answers to things like
"where do I get support", "where can I have my project hosted",
"what's my local PUG", because those seem to be common questions.

- The "dot org" booths are no longer completely free.  We needed to
plan in advance to get the "special discounted rate" for
power/internet at the booth.  We didn't this year. which is my fault;
I was expecting everything to be the same as in years past, and did
not read the booth materials closely enough.

Thanks again, and see you next year!

gabrielle