Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: SQL command to edit postgresql.conf, with comments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> Oh.  Now that's an interesting perspective ... you're suggesting that we
> take the comments and apply them as COMMENTS on the specific pg_settings?

On a side note regarding comments, I'd like to make a request for a
more comprehensive commenting mechanism.  The first though that comes
to my mind would allow for comments to be stored and annotated using
XML or sgml.  It'd be nice to be able to generate user documentation
from selected comments taken from application derived database
objects.

I don't know, maybe this is already possible.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug