Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Log replication connections only when log_connections is on - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Log replication connections only when log_connections is on
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The question we should have asked is "Why is removing those log entries
> helpful?". I shouldn't have to justify putting something back, when the
> good reason for its existence was previously explained and there was no
> consensus to remove in the first place.

This is simply revisionist history.  It was discussed for several
days, and consensus was eventually reached.  The fact that you chose
not to participate in that discussion until after it was over doesn't
mean we didn't have it, and the fact that you don't agree with the
outcome doesn't mean there wasn't consensus.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company