Re: Broken pipe error - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Maciek Sakrejda
Subject Re: Broken pipe error
Date
Re: Broken pipe error  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 1:41 PM, admin
<admin0423@homepage.kgbinternet.com> wrote:
> With the PostgresSQL 8.0, I have experienced a broken pipe error for some
> times. One new Java web application experiences this problem in every ten
> day or so. This problem becomes a big problem right now for the enterprise
> application. Is the jdbc driver problem or something else?

I think the only possible answer to a question this vague is "maybe".

Less flippantly, we can probably help you better if you provide more
information on the types of errors you're seeing (e.g., a full stack
trace), whether your application was doing anything unusual at the
time of the error (e.g., in terms of query workload, PostgreSQL notify
messages, etc.), and anything else that might be relevant. From
watching the list, I'm not aware of any open issues leading the driver
to break a connection.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com