Re: criticism about hosting download packages - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Cédric Villemain
Subject Re: criticism about hosting download packages
Date
List pgsql-www
2011/2/22 Susanne Ebrecht <miracee@web.de>:
> Hello,
>
> we discussed this a few days ago on the German PostgreSQL channel.
> Stefan plead to tell it -www.
>
> Here is the fact that I most dislike:
> When you want to download a PostgreSQL package then you get
> linked to EnterpriseDB.
> When you now want to download a special package you get a register
> page.
> I know it is not mandatory to register but
> sorry, but that is a kind of fishing for addresses in my eyes.

Yes it is. It has already been reported and I believe it won't change
on the EDB side :-( (not to say that EDB was known to do that and get
some unfortunate glitchs in the past)
In our side, we can review the dowload area and  add explanations for
third parties packages ?

This is a rgular topic of -www, and the last time I have been bounced
to the 'archive' ... Long history of mails to read before going ahead.