Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Selva manickaraja
Subject Re: Too many WAL(s) despite low transaction
Date
List pgsql-admin
If our check_timeout is 30 minutes, what would be an acceptable time limit for archive_timeout?

Also since bulk loading/migration of large amount of data was done earlier, do I need to run vacuum etc.

I will wait for your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

Selvam

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Selva manickaraja (mavles78@gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm attaching the file here. As of now it is 874 files within 3 hours.

You have archive_timeout set to '5'.  That means "rotate a log file
every 5 seconds".  You probably want to increase that.

       Thanks

               Stephen