Performance Test for PostgreSQL9 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Selva manickaraja
Subject Performance Test for PostgreSQL9
Date
Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

We have installed PostgreSQL9 and setup standby(s). Now we have to test the performance before we migrate all the data from Informix. The PostgreSQL9 that we installed is the Linux version from EnterpriseDB which runs on Red Hat. The documentation on PostgreSQL website shows that we have gmake from source. So for that purpose we downloaded the source into a UBuntu machine to gmake and install it. But UBuntu on the other hand complaints that it can't find gmake. So looks like we are stuck here.

What should we do?
(1) Is the a binary for the Regression Test module that can be downloaded and ran from the RedHat environment? OR
(2) If there are no binary, how to proceed if gmake does not run in UBuntu?

Please assist.

Regards,

Selvam