Re: pgindent (was Re: Header comments in the recently added files) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: pgindent (was Re: Header comments in the recently added files)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 16:50, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
>>
>>> We usually do it during a late beta.
>>
>> Last time we did it early and then again late, and that seemed to work
>> well.  I wouldn't object to a pgindent run now, but please sync with me
>> before you do --- I've got some heavy hacking to do on the collations
>> patch, and don't want to find myself trying to merge changes after a
>> pgindent run.
>
> Yeah, +1 for doing it as soon as Tom is at a good stopping point.  It
> makes things a lot simpler later on.

Agreed.

With git in play, it should be quite possible to merge with head just
before the pgindent run, then run pgindent on your local topic branch,
and then merge with head after the pgindent run - that should take
care of *most* of the conflicts, I think - as long as you use the same
typdef list.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/