Re: Does Skype outage have anything to do with PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: Does Skype outage have anything to do with PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Frank Bax <fbax@sympatico.ca> wrote:
On 12/22/10 17:57, Mladen Gogala wrote:
A colleague of mine told me that he read somewhere that the problem is
actually with Skype's billing database, which is PostgreSQL. Does
anybody have any more information?

So what?  If their databases are installed on Intel hardware; will you try to blame Intel?  If Skype has an outage; then it is Skype's fault, nobody else.

very true, but I have seen some incompetent DBA's complaining on the database product instead and not agreeing to their own lack of knowledge.

So yes even if it was PostgreSQL, its the team managing it that wasn't doing the right thing.

--
Shoaib Mir
http://shoaibmir.wordpress.com/