LAST CALL FOR 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject LAST CALL FOR 9.1
Date
Re: LAST CALL FOR 9.1  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 9:25 AM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I'm going to share it before someone announces a deadline has passed or
> something.  (whistling)

Speaking of that, it is now Saturday, January 15, 2011 and CommitFest
2011-01 is now in progress.  If you have any patches that you haven't
submitted yet, have submitted but not listed in the CommitFest app
yet, or (loud ahem) you have any patches that you listed on the
CommitFest app with a fake message id but haven't actually submitted
yet, please plan to rectify that in the next 8 hours or so, or else
add them to CF 2011-Next, which is now the open CommitFest.

It is really already too late for us to be seriously considering
integrating sync rep into 9.1.  It will lead to another enormous beta
period during which the tree will be closed to new patches and
everyone will complain, or else we'll open the tree for 9.2
development and a different though overlapping set of people will
complain about that, but if I try to bring down the gavel and actually
insist that we don't consider sync rep, then a third, different, also
overlapping set of people will complain about that.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company