Re: RFC: Hosting mailing lists of 3rd party projects - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Selena Deckelmann
Subject Re: RFC: Hosting mailing lists of 3rd party projects
Date
List pgsql-www
2011/2/21 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:

> However, there are some more projects, like postgres-xc, need only
> mailing list -- not web space, etc. The current issue with postgres-xc
> mailing lists is that we see some RAC advertisements appended to the
> emails, which is embarrassing.
>
> IMHO, postgresql.org can provide mailing list service to such projects,
> unless they have their own domain already, or they are not hosted at
> pgfoundry.
>
> Comments?

+1 with a couple requests.

* Can we identify who the people with mailing list creation power are,
and make an announcement somewhere as they are created? If that's here
(pgsql-www), fine.

* Can we make it easier to change who is the mailing list
administrator, or have a policy about who is the administrator for
these lists? I'm guessing that this may change more frequently in the
side projects than it does in the core pgsql lists. I've asked to be
removed as an administrator from a few lists multiple times, with no
response.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com