Re: Runtime dependency from size of a bytea field - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Runtime dependency from size of a bytea field
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Sander, Ingo (NSN - DE/Munich)
<ingo.sander@nsn.com> wrote:
> Changing of the storage method ( alter table bytea_demo Alter part1 Set
> storage EXTERNAL)
> or the increasing of the BLOCK_SIZE (new compilation of the code with
> --with-blocksize=32) change the behaviour.

yeah -- however changing block size is major surgery and is going to
have other effects (some of them negative) besides raising toast
threshold.  I would start with disabling compression and see where you
stood on performance terms.

merlin