Re: BUG #5667: install failure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #5667: install failure
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Roedy Green <roedyg@mindprod.com> wrote:
> I executed =A0postgresql-9.0.0-1-windows_x64.exe
> It died with a message:
>
> "An error occured executing VC++ runtime installer."
>
> I had similar problems with version 8. =A0People gave me various things to
> try. None of it worked. =A0I gave up on PostgresSQL. =A0I decided to try =
again
> with v 9.0.0.
>
> I would really like it you stopped using this flaky installer.

Hmm, if by that you mean 8.0, a lot of things have changed since then.
 I'm not even sure we're using the same installer technology now that
we did then.  But in any case it does work for an awful lot of other
people.  I installed 9.0rc1 on a Windows 7 VM just a few weeks ago,
and it worked fine.  Of course, that does nothing to solve your
problem.  But we do need to try to understand what is different about
your system than the systems of people who are not having this
problem, because otherwise it's pretty hard to fix.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company