Re: startup difficulties - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: startup difficulties
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Kunkel [mailto:jkunkel@laurcat.com]
Sent: 17 October 2001 14:52
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] startup difficulties

I installed pgAdmin II on a Win NT 4.0 sp6a workstation.  I can connect to my postgreSQL database using Access 2000.  When I try to use pgAdmin II, I get the error message:

An error has occured in pgAdmin II:fmConnect.cmdConnect_Click:

Number: -2147467259
ERROR: Attribute 'datlastsysoid' not found

What have I done wrong?
You are are not running PostgreSQL 7.1 or higher :-)

pgAdmin requires PostgreSQL 7.1 or higher which has a column called datlastsysid in the pg_database system catalogue. Earlier versions of PostgreSQL do not have this column.

Regards, Dave.