Re: Please HELP ODBC connection problems - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Please HELP ODBC connection problems
Date
List pgsql-odbc

That looks OK to me.

> >Also, does netstat -a on the server indicate that a process is
> >listening on port 5432?
>
> [root@pdlap init.d]# netstat -a
>
> I just cut out some of the lines from the netstat output

Again, that looks OK.

> >If not, try starting the postmaster with the -i option
> incase it's not
> >picking up the default options for some reason.
>
> I believe that I am starting postmaster with -i settings
> config files and
> and ps output below

Plenty of -i's there!

> Any further help will be appreciated. Thank you to all who responded.

I'm all out of suggestions I'm afraid - everything sounds just right. The
only other thing I can think to suggest is that you didn't make any typos in
the pgAdmin logon dialogue, but I assume you've already done this.

One last thought, if you're on a network with other users, check that none
of them have setup another machine using the same IP address as one of your
machines.

Regards, Dave.