Re: Little Help please - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Little Help please
Date
List pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave & Eileen Brooks [mailto:daveeileen@home.com]
Sent: 06 October 2001 18:27
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] Little Help please

I recently downloaded pgadmin II and installed it on windows 98.

I have postgresql running on readhat 7 standard installation.

I Start postmaster & to run in the bg.

Netstat shows that PGDATA is listening on port 5432

When I try to connect pgadmin as postgres, I get a "-2147467259" error message.

I have been unable to connect to your mail list and can not find any resources to help with the problem.

Is there an online manual or document that can help me with this problem?

Hi Dave,

What is the message you get with the error number - thats a fairly generic number that normally means that the ODBC driver returned an error?

The manual can be found on the Help menu, however it is currenty a copy of the website and doesn't yet include an faq or troubleshooting guide.

Regards, Dave.