Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 support - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 support
Date
List pgsql-odbc

OK, I'll need guidance with this - it's definitely more in your line of work
than mine!

> Problems:
> 1) Win 95
> and 98 have very poor & outdated UNICODE support (translation
> tables are outdated),
> 2) Windows fonts are sometimes hard to find when not installed.
>
> Maybe we should look for an open-source font and pre-install it with
> pgAdmin II.
> Any ideas friends?

Looking at the url above, all the useful fonts (i.e. those that handle
Western & Eastern characters) listed seem to be many megabytes in size (one
at least was 25Mb!). Whilst pgAdmin is only currently about a 3Mb download,
well, you can see what I'm thinking.

Regards, Dave.