RE: [INTERFACES] Compiling JDBC interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Peter Mount
Subject RE: [INTERFACES] Compiling JDBC interface
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hopefully I'll have my site updated later this evening...

Peter

--
Peter T Mount, IT Section
petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk
Anything I write here are my own views, and cannot be taken as the
official words of Maidstone Borough Council

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian P Millett [mailto:bpm@ec-group.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 1999 8:14 PM
To: Adam H. Pendleton; pgsql-interfaces@postgreSQL.org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Compiling JDBC interface

"Adam H. Pendleton" wrote:

> PostgreSQL: 6.4.2
> OS: Linux 2.2.6
> JDK: 1.2
>
> I am trying to get the JDBC interface compiled and I get a very large
number
> of errors that say:
>
> ./postgresql/ResultSet.java:53: class postgresql.ResultSet must be
declared
> abstract. It does not define void updateTime(int, java.sql.Time) from
> interface java.sql.ResultSet.
> public class ResultSet implements java.sql.ResultSet
>
> The class names change but the error remains the same?  Is this
something
> that I'm doing wrong, or is it a problem because I'm using JDK 1.2?

You need to get the JDBC driver from http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/
if you plan on using jdk1.2, else use jdk 1.1.X.

Click on the current Development jar which points to
http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/postgresql.jar

> Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

I'm often told that I know too much for my own good.

--
Brian Millett
Enterprise Consulting Group     "Heaven can not exist,